Paulding County Hospital Foundation would like to congratulate our 2022 scholarship winners! Each winner received a $1,000 scholarship toward the college of their choice to further their education in the medical field.
- Kennedy Trabel – 2022 Antwerp Senior will be attending the University of Saint Francis
- Zoraya Valle – 2022 Paulding Senior will be attending Ohio Northern University
- Rachel Stoller – 2022 Wayne Trace Senior will be attending Purdue Fort Wayne
About PCHF Scholarships
Three PCHF Healthcare Scholarships are awarded annually to graduating seniors interested in pursuing a career in the medical field. These scholarships are to be used for the financial assistance of a student in post-secondary healthcare education.
Every year, one scholarship is awarded at each Paulding County high school.
- Antwerp High School
- Paulding High School
- Wayne Trace High School
- Home-schooled students will also be eligible and will be placed in one of the three districts according to their addresses.
The scholarships will be awarded to the top candidate from each of the three high schools in Paulding County. However, if there are no applicants from a school or the applications submitted are not of acceptable quality, PCHF may choose not to award a student scholarship to that school.
All scholarships are a one-time award.
Guidelines for Application
Completed applications must be submitted to the Executive Director on or before the designated date each year.
Applications should be submitted to:
Estee Miller, Executive Director
Paulding County Hospital Foundation
P.O. Box 221
Paulding, Ohio 45879
Phone: (419) 796-8114
Timeline for 2023 PCHF scholarship committee:
February 10 Applications delivered to high schools
March 15 Applications due
March 26 Scholarship Committee Application Review
March 28-31 Students notified who qualify for Interview
April 3-12 Student Interview Round
April 14 Award winners notified by Executive Director
Scholarship Recipients will be recognized at their School’s Senior Award Night.
PCHF Scholarship Application
Applications are due on or before March 15th, 2023
Paulding County Hospital Foundation Scholarship Application
Applications can be completed in Microsoft Word, printed and signed by the applicant, a parent/guardian and a guidance counselor. To access the application, click here.
Student Evaluation Form
- Click here to download the student evaluation form. The Evaluation form can be found on the last page.
Completed application packets must include two Student Evaluation Forms completed by your:
- Guidance counselor
- Science teacher of your choice
The criteria and selection process are as follows:
- The award will be made jointly to the student and the registrar of the post-secondary educational institution.
- The selection committee will consider a combination of the following factors (not in order of importance):
- Intended field and knowledge/experience in that field.
- Shadowing or practical exposure to the healthcare field desired.
- GPA and transcript information.
- High school ranking.
- Course selections in relation to the healthcare field desired.
- Referral questionnaires.
- School attendance.
- Completeness of application.
- Extracurricular activities.
- Quality of the interview (for those qualifying for the interview round).
- The recipient must have at least a B average.
- The recipient must intend to continue his/her education in a healthcare field (for example nursing, medical school, laboratory technician, radiology, respiratory technician, physical therapy, etc.).
- The completed application packet will include:
- The completed application form.
- A student evaluation form completed by the Science teacher of the applicant’s choice.
- A student evaluation form completed by the guidance counselor.
- A high school transcript through seven semesters.
Note: The student/applicant is responsible for collecting the documents required in the application.
- A representative of PCHF shall present the scholarship.
- The amount of the award for students is $1,000 per school. However, if there are no applications from a school or the applications submitted are not of acceptable quality, PCHF may choose not to award a student scholarship to that school for that year. All scholarships are a one-time award.
If you have additional questions about the Paulding County Hospital Foundation Scholarship, contact Estee Miller, PCHF Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (419) 796-8114.